Being called “honey” can be a sweet and endearing term, but it can also be uncomfortable or even offensive, depending on the context.
It’s important to be able to respond appropriately when someone calls you honey so that you can maintain your comfort and boundaries.
Below, we have a list of 35 responses when someone calls you “honey.”
What does it mean when a guy calls you honey over text?
When a guy calls you “honey” over text, it might signify a number of things. It could indicate an expression of affection and warmth, making you feel special or cherished.
It may also hint at his romantic interest in you. However, it’s important to note that some people use “honey” as a friendly term, so it doesn’t always signify romantic feelings.
The context, his behavior, and how he communicates with you in general are key to understanding its true meaning.
If you’re uncomfortable with being called “honey,” remember it’s okay to communicate your feelings about it.
35 Responses When Someone Calls You Honey
- Aw, that’s sweet of you to say.
- And you’re my sweet pie.
- You’re my honey too.
- I love it when you call me that or I love it when you call me honey.
- Keep calling me your honey, I like it.
- But not as sweet as you.
- I bet you say that to all the girls.
- Well, you’re quite a honey yourself!
- Thanks, sugar.
- You always know how to make me feel loved.
- Are you trying to sweet-talk me?
- Well, ain’t you the bees knees to my honey!
You can also check: 20 Flirty Responses to Are You Flirting With Me
- I’m not your honey. Try again.
- Please don’t call me that.
- I would prefer if you didn’t use that term.
- I’m not comfortable being called “honey”.
- That’s a bit too intimate for me.
- You may not realize it, but I don’t think you should call me “honey.”
- Please use my name.
- I prefer if you use [insert name] instead, thanks.
You can also check: 30 Flirty Responses to You Smell Good
Responding to Passive Aggression
- Actually, my name is [Your Name].
- This is a workplace. Please call me by my name, [Your Name], or use a more formal title.
- Hey hun.
- Does that ever work?
You may also like: 40 Best Things to Say When a Girl asks “Why do you like Me?”
Respond with humorous nicknames like “Champ” or “Chief.”
- Thanks, Champ!
- Got it, Chief!
- Right on Boss.
- Noted, Tiger!
- Thanks, Partner!
You can also check: 30 Flirty Response to “You Made My Day”
Handling Stranger’s “Honey”
- I don’t know you; please don’t call me honey.
- That’s [Insert title and surname] to you, actually.
- What makes you think you can call me that?
- Excuse me, I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else.
- I’m sorry, but I don’t appreciate being called that by people I barely know.
- Thanks, but I’d rather you didn’t call me that.
Different responses are suitable for different scenarios, and your comfort level plays a significant role in choosing the right reply.
- 25 Flirty Responses to “Wassup”
- 40 Responses to “I Have a Crush on You” For Every Situation
- 15 Witty Responses to You have beautiful eyes
- 24 Flirty Responses to Are You Single?
Responding to being called “honey” can be as sweet or as assertive as you prefer. Tailor your response to the context and your comfort level.
Whether it’s affectionate banter or setting boundaries, your reply can convey your feelings effectively.