For many people, hearing the words “I have a crush on you” can be both flattering and nerve-wracking.
It’s a bold statement that can evoke a range of emotions, from excitement to anxiety.
How you respond to such a confession depends on your feelings towards the person and the context of the situation.
In this article, we’ll explore various ways to respond to someone revealing their crush on you, taking into consideration different scenarios and emotions.
How to respond when a guy says he has a crush on you
When a guy says he has a crush on you, it can be thrilling and surprising, or it can be annoying and stressful.
Depending on how you feel about him and the situation, you might have different ways of reacting.
If you are curious about him and want to explore a relationship, you could say something like, “Really? I’m glad to hear that. I find you very attractive too.“
Or, “Oh, didn’t expect this, but it makes me really happy.“
By showing your openness and interest, you can invite him to make a move and date you.
However, if you are not into him or you’re already seeing someone else, you could say something like, “I’m sorry, I appreciate your kind words, but I don’t feel the same way“
Or, “I respect your honesty, but I’m already in a relationship right now. I hope we can remain friends.“
By being honest and kind, you can reject him firmly and avoid leading him on.
We’ll dive deeper into specific scenarios and how to handle them with grace.
When You’re Interested
1. No way, I have a crush on you too! This is so exciting.
2. I’m really glad you told me. I’ve been wanting to get to know you better.
3. Wow, I didn’t expect that, but I’m definitely interested in seeing where this could go.
4. No kidding! I’ve been secretly hoping you’d say that.
5. Are you serious? I’ve been crushing on you for the longest time!
6. You’ve made my day! I’ve had a crush on you for ages, too!
7. Seriously? I thought I was the only one feeling this way!
8. Get out of here! I can’t believe you’re crushing on me! I’m totally into you too!
9. No way! My heart just skipped a beat. I’m so glad you feel the same way because I’ve had a massive crush on you.
You can also read: 35 Witty and Playful When a Guy Calls You “Weird”
When a Friend Says They have a crush on you
10. Wow, I never knew you felt that way. I’ve always liked you too, and I’m open to seeing where this could go.
11. I didn’t expect this, but it makes me really happy.
12. It’s so nice to hear that because I’ve secretly had feelings for you too. Let’s take things slow and see how they develop.
13. I had a feeling you might have a crush on me, and I’m glad you told me.
14. My best friend has a crush on me? That’s a surprise! Guess this is the best news ever!
15. Oh, wow! I never saw that coming! But you know what? I think I might have a crush on you too.
How to respond to “I have a crush on you” You’re not interested
If you find yourself feeling the same way about the guy, you can express your mutual interest with a response like:
16. I’m really glad you told me because I’ve been crushing on you too!
17. I’ve been hoping you felt this way because I’m really into you as well.
18. That’s great to hear because I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately.
19. Wow, really? That’s amazing because you’re exactly my type. LOL
20. That’s the best news I’ve heard all day.
21. Didn’t know you felt the same way! I like you too.
22. Believe me when I say, I’ve been secretly crushing on you as well!
23. What a coincidence, I’ve been feeling the same way about you!
24. I appreciate your feelings, but I don’t think we’re a good match.
25. I’m sorry, but I’m seeing someone else at the moment.
26. Thank you for your honesty, but I don’t want to mix work and personal life.
You also read: 20 Ways to Respond to I Can’t Get Enough of You
How to Respond to “I Have a Crush on You” in a Professional Setting
27. I’m flattered, but I don’t think it’s appropriate for us to pursue anything beyond a professional relationship.
28. Thank you for being honest with me, but I see us more as colleagues/friends.
29. It’s kind of you to say that, but I’m not interested in pursuing a romantic relationship.
30. Your words mean a lot, but I think it’s best if we keep things strictly professional.
31. I truly value our working relationship, but I don’t feel the same way romantically.
You can check: Ways To Respond When He Finally Texts you Back
When You’re Unsure about your feelings
If you’re uncertain about your feelings towards the guy, it’s best to be open and honest about your uncertainty. You could respond with:
32. I’m not sure how I feel right now, but I appreciate you telling me. Can we take some time to get to know each other better?
33. I haven’t really thought about us in that way, but I’m open to exploring our connection further.
34. Thank you for being brave and sharing your feelings. I need some time to think about how I feel, but I’m glad we can talk about it.
35. It’s unexpected to hear this, and I’m honestly not sure how to respond. Can we give it some time and space to see how our emotions develop?
You can also read: Why is my crush ignoring my friend request?
When You’re in a relationship or not available
When you’re already in a relationship or otherwise unavailable, it’s essential to communicate your situation clearly and respectfully. Try responding with:
36. You know, it means a lot to me that you feel that way, but I’m currently in a committed relationship.
37. I appreciate your honesty, but I’m currently in a relationship and committed to my partner.
38. Thank you for sharing your feelings, but I’m not available for a romantic connection right now.
39. I’m flattered, but I’m not in a place where I can pursue a relationship with you.
40. I’m sorry if this disappoints you, but I’m already in a committed relationship.
You can also check: 16 Ways to Respond When Someone Says “I Don’t Deserve You”
What Will a Guy Do If He Has A Crush on You
1. He looks at you a lot: When a guy has a crush on you, one of the most common signs is his frequent gaze in your direction.
You may catch him stealing glances, and if you notice his eyebrows raise while he’s looking at you, it’s a strong indication of his interest.
The subtle gestures of admiration and curiosity in his eyes can reveal his growing affection for you.
2. He positions himself close to you: Another major sign that a guy has a crush on you is when he intentionally leans towards you or positions himself in close proximity.
By doing so, he seeks physical and emotional closeness, as it allows him to create a stronger connection with you. This gesture suggests that he wants to be near you and desires your company.
3. His body language points towards you: A subconscious indication of a guy’s interest in you can be observed through his body language.
Pay attention to his hands, legs, or feet – if they consistently point toward you during conversations or interactions, it indicates that he is subconsciously drawn to you.
This nonverbal cue reflects his attraction and shows that his focus and energy are directed your way.
4. He looks at you when you’re not watching: If a guy has a significant crush on you, he may try to steal glances at you when he thinks you’re not paying attention.
You may catch him quickly looking away or shifting his gaze if you happen to catch him in the act.
This behavior reveals his desire to observe you discreetly and suggests that he can’t help but admire you from afar.
5. He’s always there for you: When you need him, a guy who has a crush on you will come running without hesitation.
Whether it’s a small favor or a significant issue, he is consistently available and ready to support you.
His eagerness to be there for you, without even having to think about it, demonstrates his deep care and interest in you.
It’s a clear sign that he values your presence and wants to be an integral part of your life.
6. He gets jealous of other guys: Jealousy can often arise when a guy has strong feelings for you.
If he reacts negatively or shows signs of jealousy when you mention another guy, even if it’s a platonic friendship with no romantic interest, it suggests that he sees you as more than just a friend.
His possessiveness and protective nature stem from his fear of losing your attention and affection, indicating his romantic inclination toward you.
You can also check: How to respond to a girl saying she’s seeing someone.
Recognizing the signs of a guy’s crush on you can help you navigate your own feelings and respond appropriately.
Whether you share the same feelings or not, it’s essential to communicate honestly and respectfully.
Remember to consider both your own emotions and the other person’s as you address the situation.
By being open and understanding, you can maintain a healthy and positive relationship, regardless of the outcome.